Friday, January 29, 2010

Life is what happens when you're making other plans

After my Space Mountain adventure, George and I went to the Marketplace at Downtown Disney for dinner. We hadn't decided where we wanted to eat, but we had lots of options. We walked around for a little bit and finally settled on Cap'n Jack's for seafood.

George ordered salmon Alfredo and I chose jumbo lump crab cakes. We also ordered a cup of New England clam chowder to share. The chowder was excellent, probably as good as the chowder at Legal Seafood (which is saying a lot!). My entree was very good -- two large crab cakes, perfectly browned, and a good size serving of roasted potato wedges, all artfully drizzled with a Creole mustard sauce. I also had six beautiful spears of tender-crisp green asparagus. I love asparagus! Everything was delicious and my portions were so generous that I shared almost half of my dinner with George, except for the asparagus which I greedily kept for myself.

After dinner we walked around for a bit before we caught the bus back to our resort. I didn't feel the greatest, but I thought maybe it was just because I had eaten too much (I should have shared more of my dinner with George, but it was all sooo good!).

At 3:45 a.m. I woke up to the horrible realization that I was going to be sick. Unfortunately my illness was not to be a "one and done" episode, as I continued to be sick the rest of the night and all of the next day.

Before George left for the day, he filled up both of our mugs with Sprite and brought me back a banana and a croissant. Outside the sun was shining and it was a perfect 72 degrees, but I was destined to spend that beautiful day in the hotel room. :(

Tuesday was the day I had planned to go to Hollywood Studios. George would be out late at a team dinner and the park was open late for resort guests. I wouldn't have to worry about hurrying back to meet him for dinner and it would be my only opportunity to see the Fantasmic nighttime spectacular. I guess the title of this post says it all -- life is what happens when you're making other plans. Hollywood Studios would have to wait for another day.




No comments: